February 15th-22nd 2020
- 8 days / 7 nights
- Option of beautiful accommodation
- 1-2-1 before workshop with Anthony
- Photo walks
- Photography tuition
Travel, Street, People and Urban Landscape
MEXICO San Miguel de Allende
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico – The Art of Creative Photography
San Miguel de Allende is a paradise for photographers.
For over a century it has drawn artists and aesthetes to wander its beautiful cobblestone streets, admire its colonial architecture and delve into its dazzling mix of Mexican culture and history, encased in rich vibrant colours.
Our workshop will bring together a diverse array of subjects in its beautiful, often breathtaking light.
We will walk this city, experiencing and capturing the city at all hours. From the beauty of the blue hour before dawn to the gorgeous sunsets, and venturing out for some night photography too.
We will photograph each part of the city when the light is at its very best.
Our workshop will also help you deepen your photographic knowledge and expand your creative skills.
San Miguel de Allende has a unique mood – mixing history and local culture with an exciting cosmopolitan, modern vibe. In recent years it was voted Travel + Leisure’s Best City in the World as well as being included in Condé Nast Traveller’s top 25 Best Cities in the World.
It is a safe city and easily accessible from Mexico City, and other local airport hubs – but you will feel worlds away from home as you enjoy this incredible Mexican city and its vibrant food and arts scene.
Our workshops combine exhilarating creative experiences with a wonderful holiday.
You will elevate your photography skills and produce a stunning collection of images – as well having a fun holiday, making new friends with people who are passionate about experiencing the world and photographing it, as you are.
- Deepen your photographic knowledge with in-depth technical and advanced creative composition sessions
- Develop your creative vision
- Use the stunning location as a part of the creative journey
- How to develop your own personal artistic vision of a location
- How to see like an artist, and bring emotion into your images
- Photo walks and shooting locations
- I will teach you my methods for exploring a location to find subjects
- Group image reviews – there will be many reviews together – and you’ll see how you can all go to the same places and yet create completely unique images. Great stuff!
- Daily photo walks
- Processing – we will do lots of processing together of your images, and I will share my techniques and approach to processing like an artist
After this workshop you will feel more confident in your photography skills – both technically and creatively – having immersed yourself in photography for one inspiring, challenging and exciting week.
1-2-1 before the workshop
Everyone who books onto this workshop will be given an online 1-2-1 so I can plan how I will work with you and help you on the photography journey.
I will identify where I can help you build knowledge in the areas where you need help – as well as amplifying your natural strengths as a photographer.
I will also use the photography and skills of the group as the touch point for my teachings to make sure people are getting the skills they need for their journey.
Workshop timings: We start with an introduction at 1pm on 15th to around 1pm on 22nd February.
Workshop group size max: 8
- Tuition only cost: £2,247 per person (approx. $2,745 US / 2,452 Euros)
- Tuition, accommodation and daily breakfasts: £3,247 (approx. $3,950 US / 3,452 Euros)
Both fees include a welcome lunch.
Please check current exchange rates with your bank.
Partners are welcome to join, please contact us for more details.
4 – 8 Participants
Experience | Difficulty
- Beginner, amateur, hobbiest and semi-pro photographers
- DSLR, mirrorless or compact cameras
- Busy schedule
- Some free time allotted
- Lots of walking, slight elevation changes
Weather | Sun times
February – Temps 74F/23C average Sunrise 0814 | Sunset 1942
- Travel, cityscape, street, architecture, and people photography
- Professional photographer
- Photo walks & discussions
- Small group size (4 – 8 guests)
- 4 star hotel (when chosen)
- Welcome lunch
- Local transportation within city limits
Price does not include: Travel to San Miguel de Allende, accommodation if not chosen, travel insurance, meals not mentioned or alcoholic drinks.
Arrival & Departure Airports:
San Miguel is served by three airports.
Aeropuerto Internacional de Guanajuato (BJX) – approx 1 hour and 20 minutes by bus/shuttle.
Aeropuerto Internacional Benito Juárez in Mexico City – is approximately 4 hours by bus/shuttle.
Aeropuerto Intercontinental de Querétaro – approx 1 hour and 15 minutes by bus/shuttle.
We love to find boutique hotels with an artistic, unique style as well as excellent service. We choose hotels in the 4 star category, and aim for excellent, warm local service. Occasionally our chosen hotels have limited inventory, but we will be staying in this hotel, or similar, depending on final group size:
Casa Mia Suites – a beautiful 4 star boutique hotel in the centre of the city.