Anthony Epes’ City series:
This will be photography on espresso: photographing the life and vibe of each city. We’ll be capturing the many sides of each city, and most importantly its people.
It’s not always easy to photograph people on the street – especially when you are somewhere new. But I’ll give you the tools and show you how to approach and capture the people we encounter.
We’ll also be photographing the changing landscape of the city as we move from neighborhood to neighborhood. We’ll capture what makes it the city that it is – be it beautiful, ugly, dirty, desolate, lonely, crowded, vibrant, edgy or spirited.
I’ll be setting challenges for the group, I’ll be getting you to go out of your comfort zone for sure, taking you to spots well off the beaten track too.
If you want to photograph more strangers, if you want to capture the spirit of the city and if you want to have a serious injection of photo fun – these short workshops are for you. You’ll arrive home excited, inspired and full of great photos!
This workshop will include:
- Street Photography – learn my approach in getting close and comfortable with your subjects. Or how to be candid and get that decisive moment.
- You will learn how to anticipate and study light and why you will never see a great photograph without great light. It is everything photography is about.
- Creative exposures and how shooting on Manual gives you total control of your creative photography. I’ll be giving demonstrations about these essential parts of photography.
- The art of creative composition learn the how and why of composition in the best way – out on the street! I’ll be doing both demonstrations and giving personal feedback to help you ‘see’ the best compositions.
- Confidence boosting! I’ll help you learn to shoot new subjects and come out of your comfort zone. You’ll come home with brand new photos and a new vision of your own photographic style.
Approximate daily timings – 9am-1pm & 4-8pm Fri & Sat / 8am-3pm Sunday
This is such a cool city with a very distinct spirit. It is both intensely modern – lots of art and urban cool, combined with beautiful old buildings, long, tall, colourful townhouses that line the many canals. The light here is very pretty, and it will serve us well as we are here in early summer, weaving our way through the iconic center of Amsterdam, shooting the walking & cycling populace; we’ll do street photography and portraits, as well as capturing the unique vibe of this little city.
There are also excellent Airbnb options, and plenty of other cool places. Feel free to email me if you’d like to get more recommendations on email@example.com.
About travel, kit, schedules – anything 🙂
Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.