October 9th – 15th 2021
October 5th – 11th 2022
- 7 days 6 nights
- Welcome lunch
- Farewell lunch
- Local Transportation
- Limited to 4-6 participants
Travel, cityscape, seascape, street,
architecture, and people photography
The aim of this workshop is to capture some of the most breathtaking areas of this beautiful region. From the undulating hills and white washed villages of Las Alpujarras, to the magnificent Moorish architecture of Granada, the vibrant street life of the old town of Malaga, to the gorgeous rugged coast line and blue-green sea.
You will finish this workshop with a portfolio of stunning images, and a collection of amazing memories.
On this workshop I will also help you develop your personal artistic vision and style. To delve into your inner artist.
I will teach you many of the composition and technical skills I use every day in my photography.
We’ll be shooting lots of different locations, using many genres of photography. Every day I’ll be teaching you new skills to make the best of each location.
Some of the subjects will be quiet and meditative and beautiful (shooting the sea, walking through olive groves in dappled light, the complete peace of remote mountain villages and capturing the landscapes and mountains).
Some will be more intense and busy – capturing the street art and urban life of Malaga, creating interesting photos of the Moorish architecture of Granada and finding portraits in the busy night life we encounter.
We’ll do night shooting, dawn shoots, we’ll go out at dusk for the rich, beautiful light of Southern Spain. We will be based in three unique locations throughout the week – in hotels handpicked by Diana and myself.
Each day we will be doing feedback and sharing sessions so you can see how other people approached the same subject, generating within you new ideas and ways of seeing.
We will also be eating some of the best local food around, catching some of the local music in our favourite bars, eating delicious tapas in the lively street market in Malaga and enjoying the famous wines of the region.
We will start our workshop in the vibrant, historical centre of Malaga. After trying some of the best tapas in the city we will have an afternoon capturing the atmosphere of Malaga, before heading out early the next morning to our home in the mountains for the next several days.
We will be greeted by peace and serenity, and outstanding natural beauty of Las Alpujarras, the undulating landscape on the slopes of the Sierra Nevada mountains.
We then head to Granada, the famous city known for The Alhambra palace and the city’s outstanding Moorish architecture.
From beginners to experienced photographers – you can all benefit from this intensive, fun and challenging workshop where we can all share knowledge, feedback and experiences.
Some of the highlights of this course are:
- You’ll learn how to tell stories with your images
- You’ll learn how to develop a personal creative vision of your photography
- I’ll fill in the gaps of your technical knowledge – giving presentations as well as plentiful demonstrations as we are out shooting
- We’ll do in-depth processing so you can make your images the very best
- We’ll use the multitude of subjects around us to discover new aspects to your photography
- You’ll learn professional lessons on creating images in a variety of genres
- You will leave with many new skills – plus a new portfolio of images
4 – 6 Participants
Experience | Difficulty
- Beginner, amateur, enthusiast and semi-pro photographers
- DSLR, mirrorless or compact cameras
- Busy schedule
- Travel by car, tram, ferry or minibus
- Slight elevation changes and lots of walking
- Travel, cityscape, seascape, street, architecture, and people photography
- Accommodation + daily breakfasts
- Photo walks & discussions
- Scheduled Talks
- Welcome and farewell lunch
- Local transportation
Price does not include: Travel to Spain, travel insurance, meals not mentioned and alcoholic drinks.
We will be staying in a selection of unique and local B&B’s and hotels. We will stay in three locations – Malaga for the first night, heading to the Las Alpujarras to stay in a beautiful local B&B, and then ending in Granada for 2 nights.
Please do get in touch with any questions, big or small. We can help with anything such as what kit to bring, travel arrangements, staying additional nights etc.
Contact Diana on email@example.com /+44 7711 866 795
We will be adhering to all local government regulations and recommendations for Covid-19.